Re: [LAU] audio-cd ripping and burning with conditions...

From: pete shorthose <zenadsl6252@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 24 2008 - 01:04:59 EEST

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 23:16:16 +0200 (CEST)
Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:

> Hi!
> jThanks both of you, Arnold and Kevin. I use cdparanoia. But the problem is
> I can't use cdrdao. With that it would be simple to use toc-files and other
> such stuff. But as I said: My cd-writer is installed as ide and not scsi. Last
> time I tried it (wometime last year) it didn't support ide.

console only? i won't suggest EAC + wine then. :/

cdrdao does seem to work with ide-cd. i just tried it with my internal
dvdrom drive on /dev/hdd via:
cdrdao read-toc --device /dev/hdd test.toc

just for the record, i don't think that cdparanoia reliably disables any cache
existent on your hardware. and while cdparanoia can be configured to compensate
for the read offset of your hardware, i'm not sure that cdrdao itself does.

you can file that info under pedantic dumbshittery if all you care
about is what it sounds like. cdparanoia normally does a good job in that
regard, so i imagine cdrdao does too.

:)

cheers,
pete.