Re: [LAU] Normalize from command line?

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 02:26:35 EEST

On 26 April 2008 at 0:09, Peter Plessas <plessas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> does anyone know of an application (or script) to normalize audio-files
> from the command line? I have only come across "normalize-audio" which
> does compression across multiple files, but i haven't figured out how to
> raise the amplitude of a file to +/-1 without altering it's dynamics. I
> am sure this could be done using a two-pass sox script, but before i
> start writing my own, i wanted to know if a similar solution already exists.

The normalize program does that for me.

Name : normalize Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 0.7.6 Vendor: Mandriva
Release : 7mdk Build Date: Sat 01 Oct 2005 06:07:54 AM PDT
Install Date: Tue 13 Feb 2007 05:10:05 PM PST Build Host: n5.mandriva.com
Group : Sound Source RPM: normalize-0.7.6-7mdk.src.rpm
Size : 148355 License: GPL
Signature : DSA/SHA1, Wed 20 Sep 2006 11:34:12 AM PDT, Key ID 445935f878d019f5
Packager : Couriousous <couriousous@email-addr-hidden>
Description :
normalize is an overly complicated tool for adjusting the volume of
wave files to a standard volume level. This is useful for things like
creating mp3 mixes, where different recording levels on different
albums can cause the volume to vary greatly from song to song.

G'luck....

--
Kevin