Re: [LAU] Decent and attractive audio player

From: Arthur <arthura@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 07:54:01 EEST

Roger E wrote:
> Another happy Amarok user here. I always fix the tags with Easytag
> before adding them to the collection. With proper tags the search works
> perfectly. Easytag can fetch tags from cddb also, and rename files from
> tags.
> If only Amarok had a replay gain function like fb2k I reckon it would be
> perfect. It does take over half an hour to scan my 10000 tracks, but
> hey, you only need to do that once.

I also think that amarok is great, but I have a very fast computer. I
don't fix tags with easytag (but I do think that it's a great program),
I rip with rubyripper and everything is ready to dump into my music
folder as is. If you folks don't know about rubyripper, please check it
out. I found out about it when I was running archlinux and I hope that
there are binaries for every distro soon. No, I am not affiliated with
rubyripper in any way.

Enjoy,
Arthur