Re: [LAU] Decent and attractive audio player

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 12:47:48 EEST

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 03:42:08 -0400
cdr <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name> wrote:

> > Mono? I use rhythmbox and don't have mono installed.
> >
> > As far as I know it uses python.
>
> Banshee (and Muine i think) use Mono
>
> last i tried them 2 years ago they needed 200Mb to run, had abysmal
> startup times , and froze 0.5sec into playback..

You are right, I missread. Wikipedia says it's in C, so it may be C and
python.

I'm glad that it isn't dependant on mono, since they aim to
be .Net compatible, which means that when they succed in doing so, they
would bring the microsoft-controlled .Net platform to linux.
That's just my personal POV and that's why I stay away from that stuff.

Best Regards,
        Philipp