Re: [LAU] How to write beats

From: Philippe Hezaine <philippe.hezaine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 13:35:52 EEST

Chris McCormick a écrit :
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:03:02AM +0200, Philippe Hezaine wrote:
>
>> By the way, Chris, do you agree i put your patterns in the Drummer's
>> Free Art?
>>

> Hi, yes of course, no problem. Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier! I
> will add a link to your page from my post.
>
> Best,
>
> Chris.

And so I. Many thanks.
On the site i will only edit the useful patterns. Use the pdf like you
want. Download before I remove it. It's for you.

As you've seen I was experimenting some notation for the velocities. I
get rid of this issue. I think the better way to solve it is a second
midifile from the source with velocities. So it will be more easy to
use. (straightforward usable?) Thoughts?
As for me this feature is for the next year. First the sources with a
Free Art License.
But again like an experiment I wonder if you'd mind ( you or someone
else) editing the attached midi file in a sequencer.
In this way we'll obtain more accurate patterns.
In any case many thanks.

The midi file contains:

Hip Hop : 3 patterns
Big Beat: 2 patterns
2-step Garage: 2 patterns + "it's more interesting": 1 pattern
Dubstep / Grime: 3 patterns
Jungle Drum and Bass: 4 patterns

Cheers

Phil.