Re: [LAU] question re: Minicomputer synth

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 29 2008 - 13:59:53 EEST

Thanks for the kudos. Actually I checked first the LAU mails than my
personal ones, thats why I responded first here.

Have you seen the comprehensive manual for Minicomputer I wrote? I would
like to know your opinion about it, I actually hold back the release
until I finished it.
About the two program design, maybe I fiddled to much with the way DSSIs
work (and decided then to write a standalone anyway :) ) but I thought
it would be the appropriate aproach to write such a synth for Linux but
I might be wrong. Feedback from the community and advices would be
highly appreciated because I have more ideas in mind for strange sounds.
But first we have to make a new Alsa Modular release because there are
some exciting changes in the pipeline and even in the CVS. And a new
release for Minicomputer is due too because I have the feeling that Midi
processing takes to much cpu cycles on the latest 1.1 release...

Cheers,

Malte