Re: [LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 14, Issue 42

From: Roger Wakeman <rwakeman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 06:47:33 EEST

>On a new machine I thought I give Ubuntustudio a try and it seems
>that
>the lowlatency performance is much worse when the one of 64 Studio
>
>(booted from a live cd) on the same machine. So it needs some
>tweaking,
>are there any advices with UbuntuStudio? I read some past threads
>and
>they deal for instance with changing the priorities of jackd and
>the
>audioapplications but that improve the situation only slightly. I
>really
>wonder about the magic of 64 Studio...
>On the Ubuntuforums, which are a great resource even for Debian
>related
>stuff anyway, there seems no talk about lowlatency settings, it
>concerns
>only a minority.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Malte

Ubuntu forums just recently archived all of their threads and
started fresh with an improved forum. There are plenty of threads
addressing audio i/o latency buried in the archives now. If you
post questions you will receive answers. Your version of 64studio
must have come already configured in a way that your hardware was
happy with.

--
Make money while staying at home.  Click here for information on top-notch home businesses.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dA5ShoOdWxpCUgVFsfKHcLGcYQK403a1QmDRHD1Jtj0iOrW/