Re: [LAU] specimen (what and how)

From: Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 19:41:40 EEST

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> schoappied wrote:
> > Where can I find the best free soundfiles? (I know the place at the
> > linuxsampler forum)...
> http://linux-sound.org/sounds.html
>
> At least it's a starting point.
>
> Free high-quality GIG files are rather hard to come by, though there is
> a nice piano GIG available from the LS site.
>
> Hammer Sound is probably a good place to start looking for soundfonts.
>
> Check out Freesounds too. Lots of interesting things there.

I meant to share these earlier: http://sullivang.net/samples/ - free
gig files of a Hohner Pianet T, Wurlitzer EP200, and a Yamaha CP80.

learjeff's Rhodes soundfonts are nice too: http://learjeff.net/sf/sf.html

ns7kit_free was a nice soundfont for drums, but I'm not sure where to
find it anymore.

I've collected a few more links at http://del.icio.us/pcoccoli/samples.