[LAU] [OT] need advice re: Windows registry cleaners (majorly OT)

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 16:39:51 EEST

Greetings,

If any of you have experience in this direction, perhaps you could
suggest what I should recommend to my better half (Ivy). Her Inspiron is
showing the all-too-familiar signs of infestation, slowing down to a
crawl and sometimes even stopping completely. She's not ready for Linux
yet, so she has to resolve this problem with XP. She's looking at some
free and some commercial programs that claim to clean and repair the
registry, but neither of us know if there are any especially recommended
programs or utilities for such a job.

Any advice from the dual-booters out there in LAU land ?

Best,

dp