Re: [LAU] [LAA] Qtractor 0.1.3 (frugal damsel) released!

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 18:58:58 EEST

On Friday 02 May 2008, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> Greetings,

Be earthed, greetling!

> After another quarantine period, I am pleased to announce (yet) another
> maintenance release of my flag-ship toy, Qtractor, an Audio/MIDI
> multi-track "bedroom" sequencer for the techno-boy (and girl:).

Heh, i'm not techno but i still like how QTractor is coming along :)

> - Drifting correction among audio and MIDI engines is now back,
> but avoided while recording or should it be while looping?
> (EXPERIMENTAL REGRESSION)

Hi, does this fix the issue that when i record to my previously recorded
material the newly recorded material does not line up with the previously
recorded material although i play totally in time?

Ah well, gonna check it out anyways. The feature is called latency
compensation in ardour and is a must have for any digital recorder IMHO..

Just up the buffer size in jackd to like 2048 and record two tracks with
yourself clapping and try to get them in sync :) While you might succeed to
clap in sync to the previously recorded track (unless you're seriously rhythm
impaired) they will not sound in sync when it comes to playing them back..

Regards,
Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!