Re: [LAU] [LAA] Qtractor 0.1.3 (frugal damsel) released!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 03 2008 - 17:02:59 EEST

Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> While I'm sure Mark meant in no way to narrow the scope of Qtractor, I
> looked at it yesterday for the first time semi seriously. It's clearly
> headed for more than being just a 'loop player'...
>
> I have a slightly older version {0.1.1} that is among the repo pkg's on
> my distro of beloved choice. (Sorry Rui...I'm not in my bedroom and I
> used more than one track!!! Did I violate the RPL?? {Rui - Pulic -
> License})

sure you didn't ;)

the "techno-boy bedroom studio" motto has been just qtractor's middle
name since it was first and officially presented on lac2007@email-addr-hidden-Berlin--i
just still keep repeating that tagging ad-nauseum, sorry me :)

besides that anecdotal aspect, you can have it whenever and wherever you
see fit. imho it's quite generic for prototyping most western pop music
projects. whatever :)

> Veering off topic as I so fondly do, I'm running Fluxbox 1.0 and when I
> run Qtractor, obviously it wraps in QT 3.3 in this case. The main

what? qtractor is a qt4 application. strange that you found it wraps in
qt3.3. i gues you're referring to the window frame theme or style? is it?

> windows function fine but child windows such as the "mixer" window, come
> up at a default size and cannot be re-sized other than to be maximized
> or minimized. I'm 99.9% certain it's a Fluxbox issue (and I have put a
> LOT of time into this in the last 10 days do to not having a job for he
> first time in forever), but wonder if anyone has the Fluxbox magic sauce
> on this....OR, is there QT3.3 magik I can apply.

maybe, who knows, try switching this misterious option off and restart:
View/Options.../Display/Keep tool windows always on top.

> I'm largly doing this because there is a {yet another} audio based
> derivitive of my favorite distro out there and before I point the masses
> to it, I 1st, want blessings of the creator, and 2...it's not ready for
> prime time! But I CAN tell you, it smells REAL good!! It runs KDE by
> default and KDE is getting to be a bit more like that *other* OS that
> swallows resources n cycles like a pig eating slops, so I'm adding the
> pazzaz suace to fluxbox with custom menus, purty wallpapers and running
> Wbar with all the cool apps on it. More on that soon...

fwiw, i do use kde and it *never* gave me a headache as all other
de/wm's do, redmond and cupertino flavors included:)) but that's me. mho.

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden