Re: [LAU] Auto-fitting loops [WAS:] Qtractor 0.1.3 (frugal damsel) released!

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 04 2008 - 19:56:16 EEST

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> > There are sometimes a few 3/4 loops buried within larger sets, but
> > it's really, really difficult to find 5/8 or 7/8 sets for doing
> > anything very jazzy.
> >

> A friend in Chicago does lovely work with Acid and Sound Forge, he admitted
> that working in unusual meters was a challenge. He managed a few things in
> 5/4 and 7/4, but it wasn't his best work.
>
> FWIW, I'd love to see an auto-fit feature.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

And I'd love to see qtractor take on some of these interesting tempo
area that Acid and the other commercial programs don't do a good job
with but it's hardly important to me that I can choose a 17/32
signature but don't have any loops that really make sense in that
time.

BTW - it is *sometimes* interesting to embed a 3/4 or 6/8 loop in a
4/4/ signature. What Acid does is spread out the 3/4 audio evenly so
that the beats are coming at odd, but mathematically correct times.
Again, with Acid it's very easy to just 'play'.