Re: [LAU] Hardy -rt kernel freebob jack issues . . . Help?!

From: Roger Wakeman <rwakeman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 04:31:59 EEST

>I have a Focusrite Saffire LE and a clean install of Hardy final
>with
>the current -rt kernel on a MacBookPro.
>
>Jack takes up 100% CPU and then crashes. I have completed the
>steps of
>adding my user to the 'Disk' group for raw1394 access and setting
>the
>proper rt stuff in permissions.rules

Have you added your user to the audio group and set the proper
limits for the group in /etc/security/limits.conf?

Check this out:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioPreparation

Also you could try using the 2.6.24-16-rt kernel which is working
great for me.

Roger

--
Find what you want and get it for less with an online auction. Click now!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fCv5pVMF3N1d2sYmONhvuOVyESF7OUz6Z93sjaJceBaT0EY/