Re: [LAU] Hardy -rt kernel freebob jack issues . . . Help?!

From: Roger Wakeman <rwakeman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 03:01:57 EEST

>That stuff shouldn't be necessary, not by editing files by hand at
>least. I'm not sure what 'magic' Ubuntu Studio Controls do, but
>they
>should do the trick. All you need to do is specify the memlock
>value in
>% and tick a box for raw1394.

I had trouble with freezes until I manually set my memlock to
unlimited in /etc/security/limits.conf ...even setting it to use
all of my RAM was not sufficient, it had to be "unlimited". Maybe
I'm crazy.

Roger

--
Boost your productivity with new office software. Click now!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dJ1J1TVBgBwhupceNM1EqRKwzJFPJgCYClCT1uql0egGqMo/