[LAU] current state of audio distros?

From: iain duncan <iainduncan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 21:20:05 EEST

I've been out of the loop for a while, so hoping I can get some
relatively unbiased opinions here as to the current state of various
distros.

I like ubuntu and use it for my business machine, but if Ubuntu studio
is not really up to studio 64 or whatever the current competition is,
I'll just do a dual boot. I'm not averse to compiling from source of
other lowish level tweaking, and I definitely want super low latency.
Cards are Presonus Firepod and M-Audio delta 66.

Thanks!
Iain