Re: [LAU] Ideas for LV2

From: Georg Holzmann <grh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 14:12:45 EEST

Hallo!

> One thought I've had, was asking authors of fine free VST Plugins to port
> their effects and/or synths natively to LV2. - But I guess one the first
> questions wich come out of the box will be "which gui toolkit can I use for
> it?" right after they figured out how jack, jack-midi and alsa midi
> works.....

For me the GUI sounds also like a quite annoying problem - wouldn't it
be possible to limit LV2 to one GUI toolkit and then use this for all
applications regardless with which toolkit they are written ?
(E.g. in a separate thread or process - then it would be also possible
to use any toolkit you like in the plugin and it is simply started in
the host ...)

Otherwise I don't see much sense in writing LV2 GUIs ATM and using them
in non-GTK applications ...

LG
Georg