Re: [LAU] LynxTWO

From: Michal Kostrzewa <m.kostrzewa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 13 2008 - 08:14:08 EEST

Dnia 2008-05-12, pon o godzinie 14:25 -0700, Brad Fuller pisze:
> I was surprised to find that the driver listing on
> http://www.alsa-project.org was blank for the Lynx cards. Is that
> really true? There are no drivers for Lynx cards?
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Lynx_Studio_Technology

Hi, just my 2 cents

About 2 years ago I wanted to use lynx aes 16 in Linux. I asked the
vendor about the drivers, they said there are no drivers and they are
not planning to write them for such a niche system. I asked for the
specs to make the drivers and they said it's their intellectual property
and they refused to give the specs away.

After that I tried to reverse engineer their windows driver with kind of
a success - I was able to produce sound under linux. I think the driver
would work for other lynx cards, because the windows driver seemed to be
the same for all with small branches in code here and there to handle
differencies. The status of my driver is that I lost interest in it and
it's well unfinished (though it's kind of a proof that it is feasible to
do it w/o the specs)

best regards,
Michael Kostrzewa