Re: [LAU] A Library of a Turkish percussion instrument for GNU/Linux audio users community

From: Arda Eden <ardaeden@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 15 2008 - 19:59:42 EEST

Hi Juhana,
1) These sounds are just reverbed on the mix. The sample library is
completely dry.
2) I'm preparing a new library of other Turkish percussion instruments and
you'll be able to reach them soon.
3) The tanbur modelling is a work of Cumhur Erkut and a friend of him at
the HUT. I'm also making a tanbur sample library for my doctoral thesis and
when I'm finished with it, it'll be avaliable for every linux audio users.
Thanks.

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> >From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
> >>
> >> http://www.ardaeden.net/asma_davul/
> >
> >Nice playing on the demo, too. And you like overcompressed,
> overreverberated
> >sounds, too :)
>
> Are the sounds prereverberated or just the demo?
> (Cannot listen them.)
>
> I would like to see more turkish, arabic, and persian instrument
> sound libraries which are free.
>
> And a guide on how to sample instruments. Percussions may be easy
> but flutes like Mey (Duduk) looks more difficult. I have already
> decided that it would be better to have both the original recordings
> and the looped (read: ruined) samples. I have used granular methods
> in succesfully stretching the sounds, and some claim phase vocoder
> does good job too.
>
> I also would like to see physically modelled instruments for the
> instruments such as Mey. I remember acoustics.hut.fi have
> modelled Tanbur but I have not found source codes.
>
> Juhana

Arda EDEN
Cumhuriyet University
Faculty of Fine Arts