Re: [LAU] Kernel for Rosegarden ?

From: James Cameron <quozl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 06:20:57 EEST

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 10:54:26PM -0400, Robert Vogel wrote:
> My Debian etch stable distribution includes Rosegarden 1.4, which complains
> every time I open it that the "System timer resolution is too low" and
> further explains that "the kernel timer resolution is set too low. "

This is Debian bug #390409.

> Ideally, Debian would include an alternative kernel that supports
> Rosegarden.

It appears the Debian kernel team hasn't provided this, but I could be
wrong.

> Aside from that, is there an easy fix ?

No. Rebuild the kernel or use a different distribution, or find an
add-on kernel package from others who have done it.

--
James Cameron    mailto:quozl@email-addr-hidden     http://quozl.netrek.org/