Re: [LAU] just noticed that debian sid/lenny has rosegarden 1.7.0

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 23:35:02 EEST

Christopher Stamper wrote:
> Hey, I just noticed in rosegarden (whatever ver comes w/ ubuntu studio
> 8.04) that the import menu shows a 'rosegarden 2' option. Does
> Rosegarden 2 exist, or is it still beta??

What is now called Rosegarden is actually based on what was Rosegarden
4, IIRC. Before RG 4, there was earlier RG versions. Or something like
that. I glanced at the Rosegarden website, it's been around since 1993,
but I didn't find a real historical timeline. Somewhere along the way,
it got renamed from Rosegarden4 back to just Rosegarden ...

> Easter eggs in FOSS don't really make sense. Too easy to figure out. But
> do they exist? :-)

Easter eggs in software aren't easy to figure out of you don't have or
read the source code - so figuring them out might still be fun. ;-)

> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 3:38 AM, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:gnome@email-addr-hidden>>

Don't you just love the way webmail clients magically multiply email
addresses when they forward or reply? ;-)

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden