[LAU] Best recording software for long session

From: Al Thompson <biggles58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 19 2008 - 03:39:35 EEST

I have need to record a lengthy (2+ hours) live show non-stop, stereo, and was wondering what Linux program is best at this. I've tried reading the docs and FAQs I could find, and those docs that I could find say nothing of any recording time limits, or file size limits. It's got to save in 44.1/16bit .WAV format, and run on non-jack Fedora.

I've got Audacity, but besides the fact that I don't know if it will do the length of non-stop recording, it's quirky on my laptop. Sometimes it doesn't recognize the input device, and only has one logical input device available. Other times it's fine. There is no apparent pattern to it, so I hate to trust it since I can never predict if it's going to work.

Thanks!

Al