Re: [LAU] Linuxsampler problem

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon May 19 2008 - 19:25:44 EEST

Hi!
   Try the following:
bash-tty1 # linuxsampler
   If this fails,you don't have linuxsampler installed. Either try install a
debian-package, if one is available or go to the linuxsampler website:
http://www.linuxsampler.org
   And get Linuxsampler, liblscp and libgig and install them in the following
order:
libgfig
liblscp
linuxsampler
bash-tty2 # telnet localhost 8888
[Telnet started and you can enter commands like this]
CREATE AUDIO_OUTPUT_DEVICE JACK
CREATE MIDI_INPUT_DEVICE ALSA
ADD CHANNEL
LOAD ENGINE GIG 0
SET CHANNEL AUDIO_OUTPUT_DEVICE 0 0
SET CHANNEL MIDI_INPUT_DEVICE 0 0
LOADINSTRUMENT 'PATH/TO/YOUR/GIG_FILE'
[optionally you can type this afterwards]
SET CHANNEL VOLUME 0 0.6

   If you change to another tty or use your favourite patchbay, you can connect
LinuxSampler to your hardware (soundcard midi-in audio-out). Probably like
this:
aconnect -li
acconect -lo
   Find your soundcards MIDI-IN device number and LinuxSamplers MIDI-device
number. then do:
aconnect Soundcard_midi_number LinuxSampler_midi_number
for example:
aconnect 16 128
   For jack this should do it:
jack_connect LinuxSampler:0 system:playback_1
jack_connect LinuxSampler:1 system:playback_2
   If you play your keyboard and you get sound, LinuxSampler works.
   Btw.: the program "linuxsampler' is the LSCP-server.
   Btw2.: To finish your linuxsampler properly go to the telnet console and
type:
RESET
QUIT
   Then change to your linuxsampler-console and type ctrl-C (or strg+C, which
is the same).
   Kindest regards
         Julien

--------