Re: [LAU] DVD creator ?

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 19:37:40 EEST

Florin Andrei wrote:
>> This whole frame rate and interlacing issue is not trivial. Make sure
>> you process the video stream the right way before encoding, otherwise
>> you end up with a russian roulette candidate.

Here's how I create an original AVI from the output of AVSynthesis:

First, I record a series of TGA images from AVS. Then I run:

    find *tga | sort -n > list

As I've mentioned, I can control FPS and video width & height in the AVS
config file. I currently set video to 720x480 and the frame rate to 30.
Audio sr is 48 kHz (which I can also set in the config file). Next I
process the list to create the master AVI:

mencoder -oac copy -audiofile render.wav -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=huffyuv:pred=2:format=422P:vstrict=-1 -noskip -mf fps=30 -o
master.avi mf://@list

This process creates a beautiful very high-resolution AVI, about 3GB
large for a 4-minute animation. Obviously I'd like to keep as much of
that resolution throughout the DVD process. Is there any part of my
current encoding process I should change ?

Best,

dp