Re: [LAU] hardware: recording voice and acc. guitar

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 08:04:58 EEST

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 2:56 AM, schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Al Thompson wrote:

wow. This is so wrong it hurts... You say phantom power not possible
from a pci slot or computer power supply but with usb mixer? ARRG! USB
is a great way to plug in your mouse. For audio, go pci, or if you
can't got pci, firewire or pcmcia.

My echo gina 3g, cost about $250 new from USA.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ECHGINA3G So well within your budget and
will kick any usb crap. ADAT in/out, 2 mic pres and instrument level
ins and many outs. ;) Midi, and everything else you could ever need.
10 channel in 14 out. and yes, to Al, ......... phantom power on both
mic pre's from a pci card! wow.... like standard... The linux mixer
app for it is really nice too. Get the layla 3g if you want a pile
more channels, but the gina is great for that anyway as you can just
get an adat mic pre later.

oh, and decent latency.

usb = crap. Oh, just in case you missed it. I think usb is a bad choice.

Loki