[LAU] high-powered laptop suggestions ?

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 14:48:38 EEST

Greetings,

I'll be in the market for a better laptop later this year, and I need
some specific features.

I'd like to purchase a machine strong enough to handle my work with the
AVSynthesis software. My desktop boxes include 2.0 and 2.4 GHz CPUs,
with 3 and 2 GB memory, and they are not powerful enough for some of the
combined OpenGL/Csound realtime processing. I'll need a machine with a
very fast CPU (preferably 64-bit), large HD support, large RAM capacity,
and accelerated 3D-capable graphics. The on-board sound will be replaced
by an external device, preferably *not* a USB audio device. I want very
high-quality audio, and eventually I'll need support for multichannel
output. The display doesn't have to be humongous, just very clear.

At this time price is no object, because I don't have the money for it
now anyway. :) But I'm interested in the range of makers and prices
that might appear for such a machine. So, what suggestions from the
LAUyers ?

Best,

dp