Re: [LAU] hardware: recording voice and acc. guitar

From: Steve Fosdick <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 16:37:14 EEST

On 28/05/08 10:01:07, schoappied wrote:
> Joseph Dell'Orfano wrote:
> > New install of fedora core 6 with planetccrma packages 2 weeks ago.
>
> > Delta 1010LT continued to function perfectly. In fact, previously
> > broken s/pdif send now works.
> >
> > -Joe D
> >
> Ok, but will it also work on Fedora 9? And in my case Debian
> testing...

That depends on the version of ALSA. Part of ALSA is in the kernel and
part is in user-level tools.

For debian testing the official kernel image is 2.6.24. If I remember
correctly this includes ALSA version 1.0.15. The ALSA tools are at
version 1.0.16. Checking the ALSA project homepage
(http://www.alsa-project.org) 1.0.16 is the current version so this is
fairly up-to-date.

Anyone know the corresponding versions for Fedora Core 6?

Steve.