Re: [LAU] hardware: recording voice and acc. guitar

From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 22:29:56 EEST

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 09:02:38PM +0200, schoappied wrote:

> Do you mean the soundcraft compact?
> http://www.thomann.de/nl/soundcraft_compact_4.htm

Yep.

> And the Yamaha mg 102 http://www.thomann.de/nl/yamaha_mg_102_c.htm ?

That is not the Yamaha I have. It looks similar, except that one looks
a bit nicer than mine. Mine has no compressors is the first difference
I notice. This one also looks to be physically smaller than mine. It
also costs less than mine (mine was gotten in early April '07).

Looking around, it appears that mine is no longer a current product and
that that is the replacement.

I've never heard anyone say that Yamaha is known for their great
preamps, but the ones in my Yamaha mixer are certainly servicable. I've
used them with SM58s, Beta58s, and SM57s, as well as a few Audio
Technica wireless units.