Re: [LAU] OT: linux phone?

From: Susan Cragin <susancragin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 14:29:16 EEST
Skip the phone. Try mumble.
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Rashif
Sent: May 30, 2008 12:46 AM
To: Thomas Vecchione
Cc: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
Subject: Re: [LAU] OT: linux phone?

Looking at it, reading the docs, I can honestly - and humbly - say that this is NOT ready. If you'd like to develop, then it's for you. If you'd like a phone to use as a phone, then it's not. An iPhone is of more worth, iirc you can load up some custom Linux distro on it too like on an iPod. I don't see any benefit for the end-user aside from the "open" hardware. We don't get a refund if we open and destroy it along the way, unlike software where code can be rolled back.