Re: [LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 15, Issue 43

From: Roger Wakeman <rwakeman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 18:09:10 EEST

>My budget is around 100 euro, but don't be to strict on that,
>maybe I'll
>can get some things second hand...
>
>I was thinking about these things, but Giuseppe, was telling that
>the
>art tubes are not a really good choice:
>
>- http://www.thomann.de/nl/art_tube_mp_project_series.htm
>
>What about the alternative in this area?
>
>- audio buddy: http://www.thomann.de/nl/m-audio_audio_buddy.htm

I got an Audio Buddy for free when I bought some MXL condenser mics
at Guitar Center. The mics were $100 bundled and the Audio Buddy,
which I wasn't even expecting to get, is about $120 here in the
states. I love the Audio Buddy, it's a good, discreet, stereo,
solid state preamp. The mics on the other hand...not too good.

>(Maybe I'll can get some second hand).

I always try to get things second hand if I can. You'll save so
much money and usually get gear that is in great shape if you look
hard.

Roger

--
Make your vacation more memorable with a luxurious vacation rental. Click now!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eROsbyTgqutjANb2WfyF8b1XdnaK4jtsw3IO9tlkU4BoC7m/