Re: [LAU] Minicomputer Presets

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 15:46:48 EEST

Hello,

I wrote Minicomputer.

>> 1) i can't hear any sounds, also if i increase any knoobs;
>
> i can hear some sounds (i forgot some knoobs, :-)), but any key on the
> keyboard puts out same sound
Yes, the initial state of the knobs is not good (even dangerous because
of high values of the filter resonaces, I think this is what you hear)
and subject of upcoming change. Anyway, there is an init preset you
should be able to import. In the directory factorySounds the
initsinglesound.txt

>> 2) i can't load presets (for some tests): i click on "import sound", i
>> choose "minicomputerMulti.txt" (or others) but nothing happens.

You can import/export only single sounds, like the initsinglesound.txt.
minicomputerMemory.txt holds all sounds and minicomputerMulti.txt the
setups for the multis, Minicomputer is in a permanent multimode,
providing 8 monophonic synths. Both presetfiles (minicomputerMulti and
minicomputerMemory) has to be copied to the new created .miniComputer
directory in your homefolder, overwriting the empty files there, to
enjoy (?) my presets. I have to figure out how to automate that with
scons...
Page 2 and 8 of the manual, a pdf in the doc folder, give some details.

Cheers and feel free to ask more,

Malte