Re: [LAU] OT: Double bass (Kontrabass) Recommended listening.

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 06 2008 - 17:41:48 EEST

holborn wrote:
> Don't forget Eddie Gomez ..... in some Bill Evans albums ... Steps Ahead,
> Chick Corea Three Quartets ... etc etc etc
I saw him with Jack Dejohnette many years ago, in a group that included
Lester Bowie on trumpet and John Abercrombie on guitar. Bowie and
Dejohnette surprised everyone with a duet on those little end-blown
Hohner keyboards (I called them keyharps). Not quite as weird as seeing
Ed Blackwell play a saw solo with Mingus, but still pretty strange stuff.

Gomez, another titan. Man, he was so smooth.

Best,

dp