[LAU] a few lmms-questions

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 06 2008 - 22:16:31 EEST

Hi there,
I played around with lmms yesterday and it's pretty fun, but there
arose some questions.

While it's usable with alsa and has jack-capabilities, it's unusable
with jack. There are just too many xruns and too much crazy cpu-hogging
behavior. (Ubuntu Studio Hardy, Version 0.3.1)
Are there plans to get good jack performance in the pipe or is the
current focus on porting to qt4 and windose?
It would be quite a lot more useful with jack...

I read that there is some kind of text to speech (singerbot), but it
appears to be missing from my version. Is it a very recent feature or
does that have other reasons?

There are quite some sample-songs and samples included in lmms, what's
the license/s of those?

Best Regards,
        Philipp