Re: [LAU] How to move devices to specific IRQ's ?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 14 2008 - 12:08:48 EEST

Hi,

Am Samstag, 14. Juni 2008 schrieb Susanne Schneider:
> I'm facing similar crappy IRQ settings on my Thinkpad R61 here as
> Svend-Erik described - my cardbus shares it's interrupt with the
> graphicscard.

Unless your name is Julien, you will get serious trouble as I don't think you
want to run your machine without graphics. So you will probably always get
xruns on cardbus-devices...

> Things seem to be a little better on firewire - the 1394 only shares
> it's interrupt with a unused usbbus and the also unused onbordsound -
> would it be probably the better way to go for a, lets say, Presonus
> Firepod?

This will probably be better for your situation. I own a Firepod myself and
while that is a good device and working quite fine its only "reported to
work" as the vendors only stated they would work together with ffado but
didn't yet send any docs or devices. You should check ffado.org and pick a
device that is "Supported" (as in "supported because the vendors is
cooperative, don't get an motu if you intend to use it with linux...). The
Focusrite devices are pretty cool and I would have bought one two years ago
when they had supported freebob/ffado by then...

Have fun,

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/