[LAU] Watching how others do their audio work

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 16 2008 - 07:08:26 EEST

Some folks on em411.com have started doing what I consider to be a very useful and helpful thing: they are posting screencasts of them doing their audio work.

http://www.vimeo.com/1175424
http://www.vimeo.com/1177447
http://www.stickam.com/editMediaComment.do?method=load&mId=179552672

I find it very educational to see their workflow, how they compose, and how they navigate through their sequencers, synths, and DAWs.

It might be helpful to other Linux audio users if some folks could post screencaptures of them navigating through Ardour, Rosegarden, Muse, Seq24, CheeseTracker, or whatever. It also might be helpful to the developers of Linux audio programs to see the steps the users take and where the workflow or presentation might be improved or streamlined.

Also, what screen capture program do you recommend for linux? One that will support JACK and capture the alsa_pcm output sync'ed to the screen capture? I haven't been doing much studio work lately (it's all been live stuff) but I might have a go at this sometime too.

By the way, I assert(Vimeo > YouTube). Vimeo videos are easier to download, the quality is MUCH higher, and the A/V sync is much better.

-ken