Re: [LAU] Rosegarden/distro

From: Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 17 2008 - 11:58:07 EEST

Den Monday 16 June 2008 18.29.50 skrev An Th:
> thanks for all the suggestions - I'm tempted to look at 64studio, but also
> jacklab as I use Suse and find it pretty straightforward (despite diabolic
> sleeping arrangements :P )

I use JackLab and I'm happy with it. I was a gentooer before but got tierd of
all "system work" vs "music work" on my DAW.

> sorry for all the noob qs, but any reccomendations on a (cheap!) soundcard
> with DIN input as I have a v old MIDI keyboard and would rather pay money
> for a new soundcard than a new keyboard? then again, can you still even buy
> DIN cabling?

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496-main.html

If you live in europe it's easy to order from Thomann.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/m-audio_delta_audiophile_2496.htm

Working like a clock and costs 85 euro.

But if it's only midi with DIN you are after you could as well get a cheap
midi-interface.

/bengan