Re: [LAU] looking for alternatives to ac3jack, because it just won't build

From: Jesse Chappell <jesse@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 17:19:29 EEST

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:14 AM, <peder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Of course you can use whatever libraries you like in your software,
> and perhaps Aften fits ac3jack better in some way, but I think you
> need to come up with a better excuse for not using ffmpeg other than it being
> (to paraphrase per implication) "old and not actively developed".
> Especially since you're using a snapshot of Aften that's eight months old.

I meant no disrespect to ffmpeg. I was just looking around and found
that Aften was specifically dedicated to improving the AC3 encoding
performance (although not specifically in quality just yet) and
thought it might be good to try. And yes, my referencing the old
Aften snapshot was purely due to laziness, it was lying around from
the last time I told someone privately about the new ac3jack version.
The Aften guys still haven't made a new release with the API changes
they made over 8 months ago :/

jlc