Re: [LAU] Crackling in ZynAddSubFX

From: Peter Lutz <peter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 21 2008 - 04:03:44 EEST

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Norval Watson <norv2001@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> Are you running a real-time kernel (rt)?

Yes, I am. It's the default kernel in Ubuntu Studio. I get almost no Xruns
in JACK too, so as far as I know, its a separate problem. I have noticed
though that one of the few times I'll get one or two Xruns is when I switch
instruments within ZynAddSubFX. Not sure if that matters.

In case its helpful, here's some of my JACK settings:

> Realtime: checked
> Monitor: checked
> H/W Monitor: checked
> H/W Meter: checked (I'm not sure why I have these last two boxes checked,
> does it matter?)
> Frames/Period: 64 (I've tried 128 too, and that didn't seem to change
> anything with ZynAdd)
> MIDI Driver: seq
> Sample Rate: 48000
> Periods/Buffer: 2
> Port Maximum: 256
> Timeout: 500

As for ZynAddSubFX settings, here's some of the relevant ones:

> Sample Rate: 48000
> Buffer Size: 256
> OscilSize: 512
> PADsynth Interpolation: Linear (fast)