Re: [LAU] Symphonic Orchestra on Linux

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 13:31:59 EEST

Hi!
   I'm not sure about the gigastudio3. I just thought I remembered that much. I
only have a few gigasampler2 samples here.
   Convolution: You could simply say it's a very nice and realistic form of
reverb. Some sample-libraries (especially classic instruments) include the
reverb of their original concert hall.
   with "not as powerful" I meant not as powerful as instruments shipping as
VST instruments or shipped with Kontakt player 2. As I've read it, they
include a lot of features only reachable by the shipped UI. There's just some
more "background logic" included. Whereas a "simple" sampling library, only
including the recorded sound and mapping it to MIDI keys, just can produce
played notes with no big differences or random variations or instantly and
easily available alternative playing techniques. Say Strings: bowed, plucked,
etc. tec.
   But don't get me wrong: I like my gigasamples and I'm fine with
LinuxSampler, I just think it doesn't compare to the features of the quantum
leap orchestra yet.
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------