[LAU] a 100% guaranteed firewire interface for linux?

From: ::surian:: <suriba@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 20:30:47 EEST

Hi folks,

I need to buy a mobile áudio interface to give some linux áudio workshops
here in Brazil.
I saw some options listed "suported" in the ffado database, but also lots of
forums with people saying they can't use that devices in their machines.

So, I'm very afraid of buying something that won't work, and this interfaces
here in Brazil are very very expensive... : (

Could you suggest me some interfaces that are guaranteed to work for me?
I was especially thinking about the edirol fa-66.

my laptop is a hp pavillion dv6700 with ubuntu 8.04

thanks a lot you all!

surian