Re: [LAU] Some questions about QjackCTL

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 24 2008 - 12:37:44 EEST

On Tue, June 24, 2008 09:49, rosea wrote:
> Hi,
>

> When I was making a tutorial for QjackCTL I was wondering about the
> names of the midi tabs in 'connect'. I learned that you have two types of
> MIDI on Linux, Midi-jack (MIDI) and Midi-ALSA(ALSA). I found the
> names of the tabs not really logical and a bit confusing. Why could I find
> my MIDI connections in the ALSA tab and not in the MIDI tab?
>
> I suggest to change those names to MIDI-jack and Midi-alsa or JMIDI and
> AMIDI or whatever, to make it more clear.

now that you understand the difference?

you can do that and whatever you may want as a part of a linguist
translation :)

> And can somebody explain met the forward function in PAtchbay?

the "forward" feature will clone or replicate all connections made to a
designated socket to the one which is set (forward connections). eg. found
useful to automagically replicate (forward) all connections from main
playback to monitor, cue or headphones.

in patchbay parlance you can only forward writable / input sockets.

> And what is the difference between Transport Time Code and Transport BTT
> in Display?

easy: time code format is hour:minute:second; bbt format is bar.beat.tick
relative to tempo (bpm).

> Is there a document which explains ALL the features and settings of
> QjackCTL?

nope.

alas, you can always ask me for the tiny bits. i'm sure you'll be quick on
that, 'coz i've been taking half a decade to put up some kind of
documentation myself and haven't succeeded to date ;)

you know the rule: i'm faster breaking my code than saving any
documentation from immediate obsolescence. :))

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden