Re: [LAU] audio/visual synthesis

From: Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 26 2008 - 00:07:59 EEST

Justin Smith wrote:
> The latest csound comes with opcodes for image manipulation and
> display (including pixel by pixel access, but iirc not opengl?).
> Anyway I think that may qualify it as an audio/video synthesis
> environment (it is at least possible now, though I don't know how well
> it works).

I made those opcodes. They're quite limited (also due to the nature of
csound language). I don't think they would qualify as video synthesis.
You can only read/write pixels from an image file.

Cheers,

-c.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Renato Fabbri <renato.fabbri@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> i think that there is a lot of potetial being explored in audio/visual
>> synthesis through OSC communication. i mean, by linking audio dedicated
>> software with visual dedicated software. don't know if that helps anyhow,
>> but i would point that out too.
>>
>> have fun,
>> renato
>>

>> 2008/6/25 Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>:
>>
>>> Salvete,
>>>
>>> I'm writing a rather lengthy article for LJ on the general topic of
>>> audio/visual synthesis software. I've written some historical and
>>> technical background and have selected some programs to profile,
>>> including:
>>>
>>> AVSynthesis
>>> Fluxus
>>> Pd/GEM