Re: [LAU] Laptop Sound Adapter for Ripping my Vinyl Album Collection

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 28 2008 - 00:08:26 EEST

On 27 June 2008 at 22:10, "Martin Horn" <martin.horn@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> You can get a Soundblaster Audigy PCMCIA for less than 100 $
> I think, it got just one input but the quality of record and
> playback is fine. You also have 5.1 or 7.1 output or so with
> that if you need it later. I think its supported by alsa as
> well.

I'm nervous about internal cards, even PCMCIA w/o a breakout box,
being noisy.

> The MAudio Fasttrack I can recommend as well regarding the
> quality, but just for recording in wav quality with 2 channels
> there are cheaper solutions which will work...

Which flavor of Fasttrack do you have? The models I see are
"USB", "Pro", "Ultra" and "Ultra 8R". The last two look
comparable to the Delta 1010. The "Pro" version retails for
$199. The "USB" version is around $149 (all this is US$) but
it's max sample rate is 48kHz whereas the others are all 96kHz.

The Tascam US-144 is around $144 US, and claimed by the ALSA
matrix to work.

Thanks....

--
Kevin