Re: [LAU] Host 128.173.232.121 is unreachable via http or smtp ports

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 01 2008 - 18:00:10 EEST

Thanks Ron for the info, we are already aware of this issue and are working
on it as fast as we can. As unlikely as it sounds, it appears we've had a
major thunderstorm that has knocked out several buildings on campus,
including the building hosting our server. Unfortunately, I've been out of
the country and unaware of this occurrence until it was brought to my
attention yesterday. Let me say that this is a very unusual and very much
unexpected occurrence. That being said, based on this unfortunate
development we will look to invest into better UPS asap to minimize any
potential downtime in the future.

As of 4:58PM the server should be back up and running.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Composition, Music Technology, CCTAD
CHCI, CS, and Art (by courtesy)
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Virginia Tech
Dept. of Music - 0240
Blacksburg, VA 24061
(540) 231-6139