Re: [LAU] iso image from toc?

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 20:00:52 EEST

 A DMG to my knowledge is not proprietary, but there isn't much reason to
make one on Linux. There is also little reason to make one for this
situation either, as it is typically not used to create a binary image of a
CD. For that you are much better going with the .bin or .iso files to be
honest. IIRC a .iso file can be burned by Diskutility on Mac OS X with no
problem. Most burning programs on OS X can handle TOC/CUE files, though I
don't believe Disc Utility can burn them, and I know from experience some,
like older versions of Toast(Not sure about newer) don't burn them
correctly, so I suppose this might be why your friend suggested a DMG.
However to be hoenst a DMG would not be a good match for this, as it is
designed to store files to my knowledge, and thus wouldn't be to strong a
match for an audio CD.

         Seablade

Who has been stuck on Macs for a bit now.