Re: [LAU] pretty much frustrated about those rt-kernels!

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 21:57:44 EEST

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Personally I've NEVER run a Gentoo RT kernel. I'm not sure if one
>> exists. I use a standard kernel from kernel.org with Ingo's patches.
>> It has always worked well for me.
>

> Yes one exists, you need to add the realtime overlay to portage.
>
> Seablade

I use the pro-audio overlay already. That's not the point, which I
guess I made somewhat obliquely.

The question is whether rt-sources, as built from portage using the
overlay, is based on the vanilla kernel or based on gentoo-sources. I
believe it's built on the vanilla kernel or else we'd be picking which
version of the Gentoo kernel we want to add the patch set to. That's
not what the pro-audio overlay does. It's just patching
vanilla-sources. (If I'm wrong about this let me know but that's the
way it started.)

- Mark