Re: [LAU] webcam with Linux

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 00:19:02 EEST

Greetings,

Big thanks to everyone who replied, I appreciate the input.

I got things working to some extent simply by creating the /dev/video0
device node, thanks to some instructions found on Google. The I plugged
in the webcam, started xawtv4, and voila, there was my big face on-screen.

Alas, xawtv4 is the only app I have working. Luvcview, motv, freej, all
start okay, the camera's light comes on, but no video appears in their
displays. I'll keep playing with their configuration files, I'm sure I'm
missing some detail.

It's a start. :)

Best,

dp