Re: [LAU] debian realtime kernel config 2.6.25.8.rt7

From: schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 01:36:47 EEST

Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
> 2008/7/7 schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden>:
>
>> Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
>>
>>> 2008/7/7 schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden>:
>>>
>> Same message, same errors....
>>

> those IIRC ?:
> ----------------------------------
> fsck.ext3: no such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda2
> /dev/hda2
> The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
> filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
> filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else) then the superblock
> is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsk with an alternate
> superblock:
> e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
>
> fsck died with exit status 8
> failed (code 8)
> -------------------------------------
>

> I don't have a sollution here.
>
> maybe you should try as suggested:
> e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/hda2

Yes, same garbage...

I'll check the e2fsck...

Thanks anyway, also for your howto.
I'm gonna stick with the praised 64studio so I wouldn't complain...
allthough.. spend many many hours to get it right....

About oldconfig and menu config:

When I want to use exactly the same config file as you have (copied that
.config to the new to build kernel folder)... Should I do oldconfig
and/or xconfig? or just start to build that kernel? And what if the
.config file is from a much older kernel? what will happen with the new
kernel configure options? And when you do make oldconfig.. what should
be the answer to the ask questions? just hit ENTER or N, y, m ?

Thanks in advance,

And