Re: [LAU] Firewire and Video ?

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 21:14:02 EEST

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 13:53:39 Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen wrote:
> Hi
> I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to connect my video camera
> and my laptop via FireWire.
>
> I have installed and loaded following modules:
>
> linux:/home/sem # lsmod|grep ieee
> ieee1394 96384 2 raw1394,sbp2
> linux:/home/sem #
>
> But Kino cant find the camera, although there is a little indicator in
> the cameras display saying that dv-in is connected ? I've tried to do an
> chmod 777 on /dev/raw1394 without any luck.

try dvgrab

try kino and dvgrab as root only as a test

if this doesn't help and no one else gives the answer, shout at me on the
weekend sometime and I will try and pull out a machine with firewire and a dv
camera and test some things for you. Right now we are in the middle of
renovations and things are packed away.

> Can anyone help, thanks in advantage.
>

> /Sv-e

all the best,