Re: [LAU] zynaddsubfx crashes when loading a new bank

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 18:09:22 EEST

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 11:47 +0200, MarcOChapeau wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 05:36:08 -0400, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:
> >> Yes, it's a pitty that it doesn't work properly. I like that synth and
> >> know many people do. But now it pretty useless for me... :(
> >> Would be great if it will be fixed! :)
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a project already that aims to
> > do this ?
>
> Zyn the lv2 plugin by nedko ?

Yes, Nedko is porting the synth engines to LV2 plugins, squashing any RT
bugs in the process. I'm less ambitious, I want to keep ZynAddSubFX the
way it is now, but make it work reliably in realtime mode.

Not that I'm against the Zyn/LV2 project - I'd love to have the synth
engines as separate plugins for some modular goodness.

--ll