[LAU] Configuring a fresh install - n00b question...

From: Tuukka Jääskeläinen <tuukka.j@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 08:57:00 EEST

Okay, I just installed a fresh Ubuntu Studio next to my XP and was kinda
hoping to get some music creation going.

I've read a lot from internet that linux needs a lot of configuring and
tweaking to get it running smoothly as a Digital Audio Workstation, so my
question is what to tweak?
I've already configured JACK through qjackctl to be pretty okay and added
the /etc/security/limits.conf @audio things (@audio rtprio 95, @audio
memlock 1024000, @audio nice -19).

Is there still something to get the ball rolling fast and hard?

--
- Tuukka J. / 100% of Solarians